P. O. Box 8730 | Jacksonville, Florida 32239-8730 | (904) 757-5062
The Words of our Lord, “SLEEP ON NOW” (Matthew 26:45, KJV) were said in one of the darkest hours in all of time. Few events in World History rival DARK GETHSEMANE (a garden just east of Jerusalem at the base of the Mount of Olives). "Gethsemane" means Olive Oil Press. Our Lord’s Public Ministry of three years is now concluded. The last hours before THE CROSS were just ahead of HIM.
Taking His Disciples to “a place
called GETHSEMANE” (Matthew 26:36), he instructed Eight of His
Disciples to “sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.” Our Lord then
took the remaining Three Disciples (Peter, James and John) further into
the Garden where the Scripture records that our Lord instructs them to WATCH while He
Prayed. And PRAY HE DID!!
It is stated that HE prayed three times FOR THE SAME THING,
for His Father’s Will to be done! He prayed for HIS FATHER’S WILL to
be done in regards to “THIS
CUP” (Matthew 26:39), a cup filled to the brim with Humanity’s SINS and Holy God’s WRATH.
Dear Ones, this informs us there is a very CLOSE CONNECTION
between The CUP OF
GETHSEMANE and The
CROSS OF GOLGOTHA.
(2) To WATCH is the act of the Sentinel, the Guard, the Sentry, The Watchman.
(3) A WATCHMAN is to look about, observe the perils that threaten, the foes that surround and then to WARN!
(4) A SLEEPING Watchman is a WORTHLESS Watchman.
(5) In regards to PRAYER, it Declares YOUR TOTAL, ABSOLUTE, COMPLETE, RECOGNIZED DEPENDENCE upon God for ALL THINGS!
(6) One cannot SLEEP and WATCH at the same time.
(7) One cannot SLEEP and PRAY at the same